Thursday 17 November 2011

Dating Love Advice



Are you on the look out for a boyfriend/girlfriend? Have you been single for a while? Have you somebody in mind who you would like to go on a date with? A few years ago I thought that I knew what my ideal partner or girlfriend would look and be like. I was however about to learn a very valuable lesson of which I will write about in this article.

I am quite short for a male and always prefer to date women who are smaller than I am. This however counts quite a lot of them out. I also like women who are very down to earth and who are quite relaxed about life, not too into themselves for example. I also prefer them to be brunette with a nice smile and attractive eyes, a slim figure would also be a bonus.

What I have just described is what I believed to be my perfect girlfriend. This whole notion was blown out of the water around ten years when I had to work on a project at work with a woman called Sam. She was about ten years older than I was and I will never forget what my first impressions of her were. What a mess, I thought. She had made no effort with her appearance, had not even brushed her hair it seemed, she dressed as if she was twenty years older than she actually was and basically looked like she had not slept the night before.

This may seem quite cruel and harsh, this is what I used to be like back then, I am ashamed to think about how my mind used to work. I am happy however that I have now changed to be what I hope is a nicer person.

Despite these first impressions I have to say that Sam was so nice and helpful to me over the next three months. She is probably one of the kindest and purest people I have ever met.

After about ten weeks of first meeting Sam, I started to dream about her and I think I fell in love with her. She had not suddenly made an effort with her appearance, still looked a mess etc. The fact was it did not matter to me anymore, it was what was inside that counted.

I never ever admitted to Sam how I felt as she was married, I think her husband is one of the luckiest men alive.

Thanks Sam for teaching me a very important lesson in love.

No comments: